Realistic Budgeting from the beginning
will save you money in the end!
Many clients find it difficult to come up with an interior design & decorating budget, however without it, you will needlessly spend even more money through additional design fees that are unnecessary had you had a more realistic budget in the initial meeting. If you need guidance, we are here to help you identify the budgeting process. Remember that this is an investment and it should last for many years to come therefore it is better to do it right the first time!
Below you will find a standardized list to follow and apply the items that pertain to your Scope of Work. Remember to separate the material from the installation/labour when listing your budget figures;
- Construction if any; Removal or Addition of walls, windows, Plumbing. Electrical re-wiring. Additions.
- Flooring: tile (natural or man made), carpet (wool or blends) wood floors (solid or vinyl), floor inlays
- Millwork; Built in Cabinets in your Library, Bedroom, Home Office, Storage Area, Home Gym, Home Theatre
- Wall applications: paint, wallpaper, faux finish, wainscoting, wood panel, molding detail.
- Staircase; new or updating; paint, re-staining, pickets, handrail, stair runner,
- Other Details such as Plaster; cornice moulding, ceiling plaster designs
- Plumbing Fixtures; Kitchen, Butler’s Servery, Pantry, Bathroom, Ensuite, Mudroom, Laundry, Bar, Powder Room, Spa in Basement, Fitness Room, Home Theatre, Outdoor living, Terrace,
- Lighting: Chandeliers, Potlights, Valance lighting, Table & Floor decorative lamps
- Fireplace additions or renovations
- Window treatments: Privacy Blinds, Shutters (wood or vinyl), Decorative Curtains, Window films,
- Audio Visual & Home Theatre; Wiring throughout the home for Music entertaining, Home Theatre Wiring; Equipment, Acoustic Sound proofing, Small Appliances for drinks and popcorn makers. Theatre Furniture.
- Permanent Wall Mirror Art
- Art; Paintings, Drawings, Prints, Framing or re-framing of your existing artwork, Sculptures,
- Decorative Accessories: Mirrors, Dishes, Cutlery, Storage baskets & Storage containers, Bath and Hand Towels, Blankets, Bedding Sheets, Cushions,
- Flooring Installer; wood, tile, carpet
- Audio Visual Installer
- Window Treatment Installer
- Art Hanger
- Finish Carpenter
Additional Budget Considerations
- Delivery costs
- Shipping fees
- Out of pocket expenses
- Demolition & Removal
- Labour costs
- Applicable taxes
Interior Design Consultation Fees by AVA INTERIOR DESIGN
- Initial Consultation
- Hourly or Scope of Work Contract set out in increment stages
Call AVA INTERIOR DESIGN at 416.889.2642 to discuss further.